- If you need immediate assistance please contact the Counseling and Consultation Service (CSS) front desk at 614-292-5766 during business hours.
- If you need to speak to someone after hours, call the CSS front desk and choose Option 2 to connect with an on-call therapist.
- If this is an emergency, please call 911 or go to your nearest emergency department. Unsure if it is an emergency, use this decision tree.
Mental Health Resources
Please do not hesitate to use or share the resources below when you feel you or someone you know needs help.
These resources include the OSU Emergency department and hotlines to call for help. Some also offer chat services.
- Ohio State Emergency Room Department: 614-293-8333, 410 W 10th Avenue
- Buckeye Region Anti-Violence Organization (BRAVO): 614-294-7867 or 1-866-862-7286
- The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255, chat available
- OhioHealth Sexual Assault Response Network of Central Ohio (SARNCO): 614-267-7020
- Text Crisis Line: Text “HOME”, “START”, or “HELLO” to 741-741
- Trans Lifeline: 877-565-8860
- Trevor Project: 1-866-468-7386
Ohio State Resources
Resources available to graduate and undergraduate students.
- Buckeye Peer Access Line (PAL): 615-514-3333
- Counseling and Consultation Service: 614-292-5766
- Department of Psychology’s Psychological Services Center (free for adults in Central Ohio)
- Education Human Ecology’s Stress Management and Resiliency Training Lab (SMART)
- Collegiate Recovery Community
- Student Health Insurance:
- Better Help: Confidential virtual counseling service providing access to psychologists and phone, video, text options.
- Healthiest You: 24/7 access to licensed medical doctor regarding diagnosis and treatment of many illnesses.
- Students may get appointments with mental health professionals through off-campus resources, check the Membership Booklet to determine your copay.
- Student Advocacy Center: 614-292-1111, confidential resource
- Student Legal Resources: requires the payment of the annual student fee to access legal resources
- Ohio State Employee Assistance Program: open to all faculty and staff, as well as graduate students on appointment as a GTA, GRA, or GAA.
- Student Wellness Center
- Dennis Learning Center: 614-688-4011, support for test anxiety and related challenges
- Multicultural Center: Workshops on heritage and awareness, student leadership, prejudice-reduction trainings, etc.
- OUAB Grad/Prof: Programming for graduate and professional students.
- Grief Support Services at The James: 800-293-5066
Columbus Area Resources
Ohio State Wellness App
There are many ways to find support, information and strategies to support your mental health. If you are looking for steps to take on your own, we recommend starting with the Ohio State Wellness App, available for download for iOS on the App Store and for Android on Google Play.
Once you’ve downloaded the app, visit the “Support” tab at the bottom of the screen to explore common concerns and recommendations for each.