- Assistant Professor, Materials Science Engineering
Columbus, OH 43210
Jenifer S. Locke is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Materials Science and Engineering and the Fontana Corrosion Center at the Ohio State University and holds the DNV-Roger W. Staehle Designated Professorship. Jenifer’s primary research interests are in environmental cracking and corrosion of metals and alloys. Particularly, Jenifer has interest in advancing laboratory environmental cracking testing capabilities, quantifying and understanding metal/alloy and thermo-mechanical processing effects on occluded site electrochemistry in corrosion and environmental cracking of metals, and in inhibition of environmental cracking.
Before joining OSU in 2015, Jenifer held a position at the Alcoa Technical Center, the R&D facility for Alcoa Inc, where she worked in in alloy development, environmental cracking, and corrosion of aerospace and automotive wheel aluminum alloys. Prior to Alcoa, Jenifer received her B.A. in Physics from Wittenberg University in Springfield, OH and her Ph.D. in Materials Science and Engineering from the University of Virginia in Charlottesville, VA. Jenifer also spent a year working at the Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL) at Wright Patterson Air Force Base where she worked on quantifying the glass formability of amorphous aluminum alloys. Jenifer is originally from Massillon Ohio.
- Locke, J.S.; Bland, L.G.; Zhu, Y.; Pope, J. et al., 2019, Comparing Corrosion Performance of AA7075 and AA2070 in Various Test Environments to Enable an ICME Approach to Corrosion-Resistance Microstructural Design. CORROSION
- Locke, J.S.; Bland, L.G., 2017, Chemical and Electrochemical Conditions within Stress Corrosion and Corrosion Fatigue Cracks. npj Materials Degradation
- Locke, J.S., 2016, "Comparison of age-hardenable Al alloy corrosion fatigue crack growth susceptibility and the effect of testing environment." Corrosion 72, no. 7, 911-926 - 911-926.
- "Predicting corrosion fatigue behavior using a Bayesian network that integrates microstructure, electrochemistry and fracture mechanics."
Papers in Proceedings
- Warner, J.S.; Kim, S.; Gangloff, R.P. "Ionic inhibition of environmental fatigue crack growth in 7075-T6." (1 2007).
- Warner, J.S.; Kim, S.; Gangloff, R.P. "Ionic inhibition of environmental fatigue crack growth in 7075-T6." in 10th International Conference on Mechanical Behavior of Materials. (1 2007).
- Warner, J.S.; Sangshik, K.; Gangloff, R.P. "Ionic inhibition of environmental fatigue crack growth in 7075-T6." (5 2007).