- Professor-Clinical, Materials Science Engineering
- AVP-Ohio State ADVANCE, OR - ADVANCE
190 N Oval Mall Room 390
Columbus, OH 43210
Mary C. Juhas is associate vice president for gender initiatives in STEMM (science, technology, engineering, mathematics, and medicine) at The Ohio State University. In this role, she facilitates the recruitment, retention, and advancement of women faculty members from diverse populations in STEMM disciplines with a goal to increase the presence and success of women in those fields. [more...]
The Ohio State University Association of Faculty and Professional Women’s Mary Ann Williams Women’s Leadership Award. The Ohio State University.
Seton Hill University Distinguished Alumna Award.
Chateaubriand Fellowship. Universite De Paris XI.
A.B. Campbell Award. National Association of Corrosion Engineers.
Student Poster Contest, First Place. National Association of Corrosion Engineers.
Association for Women in Science Educational Award. Association for Women in Science.
- A.L. Pilchak, D.M. Norfleet, M.C. Juhas and J.C. Williams, 2008, "Friction Stir Processing of Investment-cast Ti-6Al-4V: Microstructure and Properties." Metall. Mater. Trans. A 39, no. 7, 1519 - 1524.
- A.L. Pilchak, M.C. Juhas and J.C. Williams, 2007, "Observations of Tool-Workpiece Interactions During Friction Stir Processing of Ti-6Al-4V." Metall. Mater. Trans. A. 38, no. 2, 435 - 437.
- A.L. Pilchak, M.C. Juhas and J.C. Williams, 2007, "Microstructural Changes Due to Friction Stir Processing of Investment Cast Ti-6Al-4V." Metall. Mater.Trans. A 38, no. 2, 401 - 408.
- T. Skidmore, R. Buchheit and M.C. Juhas, 2004, "Grain Boundary Energy vs. Misorientation in InconelÂ® 600 Alloy as Measured by Thermal Groove and OIM Analysis Correlation." Scripta Mater no. 50, 873 -
- A.J. Ramirez and M.C. Juhas, 2003, "Microstructural Evolution in Ti-6Al-4V Friction Stir Welds." Materials Science Forum no. 426-432, 2999 - 3004.
- M.C. Juhas, L. Priester, and M. Biscondi, 1994, "Correlation Between Geometry and Chemistry of a Near ï�“11 Grain Boundary." Mater. Science and Eng. A185, 71 -
- W.A. Baeslack, T.F. Broderick, M. Juhas, and H.L. Fraser, 1994, "Characterization of Solid Phase Welds Between Ti-6Al-2Sn-4Zr-2Mo-0.1Si and Ti-13.5Al-21.5Nb Titanium Aluminide." Materials Characterization 33, 357 -
- T.J. Kelly, M.C. Juhas, and S.C. Huang, 1993, "Effect of a B2/Gamma Structure on Tensile Properties of the Cast Gamma Titanium Aluminide Ti-48Al-2Cr-2Nb." Scripta Metall. Mater. 29, 1409 -
- M.C. Juhas and B.E. Wilde, 1990, "The Effect of Low Temperature Isothermal Heat Treatment on Intergranular Corrosion of AISI 316 Stainless Steel Simulated Weld Heat Affected Zones." Corrosion 46, 812 -
- T.A. Mozhi, M.C. Juhas, and B.E. Wilde, 1987, "Modeling Low Temperature Sensitization of Austenitic Stainless Steel." Scripta Met. 21, 1547 -
- J.C. Lippold, M.C. Juhas, and E.N.C. Dalder, 1985, "The Relationship Between Microstructure and Fracture Behavior of Fully Austenitic Type 316L Weld Filler Materials at 4.2K." Metall. Trans. 16A, 1835 -
- M.C. Juhas and I.M. Bernstein, 1983, "Effect of Prestrain on the Mechanical Properties of Eutectoid Steel." Metall. Trans. 12A, 1379 -
- M.C. Juhas, D.B. Duncan and R.D. Streit, 1983, "Development of a Facility for Fatigue and Fracture Testing of Stainless Steels at Liquid Helium Temperature." Cryogenics 603 -
Papers in Proceedings
- M. Rubal, J. Lippold, and M. Juhas "Physical Simulation of Friction Stir Processed Ti-5111." in Friction Stir Welding and Processing V. Warrendale, (1 2009). 21 - 28.
- M. Rubal, J. Lippold, & M. Juhas "Friction Stir Processing of Ti-5111." in Materials Science and Technology. (1 2008). 2341 - 2348.
- A.L. Pilchak, Z.T. Li, J.J. Fisher, A.P. Reynolds, M.C. Juhas and J.C. Williams "The Relationship between Friction Stir Processing (FSP) Parameters and Microstructure in Investment Cast Ti-6Al-4V." in Friction Stir Welding and Processing IV. Warrendale, (1 2007). 419 - 427.
- M.C. Juhas, G.B. Viswanathan, and H.L. Fraser "Microstructural Characterization of Aluminum Alloy Friction Stir Welds." in Proc. of Symp. on Friction Stir Welding. New Orleans, (2 2001).
- M.C. Juhas, G.B. Viswanathan, N. Karogal, J. Fritz, and H.F. Fraser "An Investigation of Microstructure in a Ti-6Al-4V Friction Stir Weld." in Proc. of Symp. on Friction Stir Welding. New Orleans, (2 2001).
- M.C. Juhas, G.B. Viswanathan and H.L. Fraser "Microstructural Evolution in a Titanium Alloy Friction Stir Weld." in Proc. Second Annual Symposium on Friction Stir Welding. Gothenburg, (6 2000).
- Juhas, M.C., Baeslack, W.A., Fraser, H.L., Threadgill, P.L., Phillips, D. and Broderick, T.F. "Interface Characteristics of Solid-Phase Welds Between Ti-6Al-2Sn-4Zr-2Mo-0.1Si and Ti-14Al-21Nb Titanium Aluminide." in Titanium '92 Science and Technology - Seventh World Titanium Conference. (1 1993). 1453 -
- M.C. Juhas, W.O. Soboyejo, J. Seeger, and H.L. Fraser "The Effect of Processing Parameters on Deformation and Fracture Behavior of Ti-48Al-2Mn Gamma TiAl." in Symposium on Fatigue and Fracture of Advanced Materials. (1 1993).
- W.E. Lin, J.C. Lippold, W.A. Baeslack and M.C. Juhas "Continuous Cooling Transformation Behavior of Ti-6Al-2Sn-2Zr-2Mo-2Cr-0.25Si: Applications to Welding." in The Processes, Properties, and Applications of Metallic and Ceramic Materials - Proc. Int’l Ti Conf.. Birmingham, (9 1992).
- M.C. Juhas and L. Priester "The Effect of Sulfur Segregation on the Grain Boundary Geometry of a (Sigma)11 Nickel Bicrystal." in Mat. Res. Soc. Symp. Proc. 220. (1 1991). 319 -