You are here
- Home >
- Maryam Ghazisaeidi
- Associate Professor, Materials Science Engineering
- Associate Professor, Physics
Columbus, OH 43210
Maryam Ghazisaeidi is an Associate Professor in the Department of Materials Science and Engineering at The Ohio State University. She received her B.S degree in Civil Engineering and M.S. degree in Mechanics of Materials and Structures from Sharif University of Technology in Tehran, Iran, and her Ph.D in Theoretical and Applied Mechanics from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Before joining Ohio State in 2013, Dr. Ghazisaeidi held a postdoctoral position at Brown University. Her research interest is in the area of computational materials science at the atomic-scale with an emphasis on understanding structure and chemistry of defects in structural materials to predict novel material behavior.
Lumley Research Award.
2017 AFOSR Young Investigator award.
NSF CAREER Award 2015.
- Smith, T.M.; Esser, B.D.; Good, B.; Hooshmand, M.S. et al., 2018, "Segregation and Phase Transformations Along Superlattice Intrinsic Stacking Faults in Ni-Based Superalloys." Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A: Physical Metallurgy and Materials Science 1-13 - 1-13.
- Niu, C.; LaRosa, C.R.; Miao, J.; Mills, M.J. et al., 2018, "Magnetically-driven phase transformation strengthening in high entropy alloys.." Nature communications 9, no. 1, 1363 - 1363.
- Hooshmand, M.S.; Niu, C.; Trinkle, D.R.; Ghazisaeidi, M., 2018, "First-principles prediction of oxygen diffusivity near the (101¯2) twin boundary in titanium." Acta Materialia 156, 11-19 - 11-19.
- Ahmad, R.; Groh, S.; Ghazisaeidi, M.; Curtin, W.A., 2018, "Modified embedded-atom method interatomic potential for Mg-Y alloys." Modelling and Simulation in Materials Science and Engineering 26, no. 6,
- Varenne, C.; Leyson, G.P.M.; Ghazisaeidi, M.; Curtin, W.A., 2017, "Solute strengthening in random alloys." Acta Materialia 124, 660-683 - 660-683.
- Niu, C.; Windl, W.; Ghazisaeidi, M., 2017, "Multi-Cell Monte Carlo Relaxation Method for Predicting Phase Stability of Alloys." Scripta Materialia 132, 9-12 - 9-12.
- Miao, J.; Slone, C.E.; Smith, T.M.; Niu, C. et al., 2017, "The evolution of the deformation substructure in a Ni-Co-Cr equiatomic solid solution alloy." Acta Materialia 132, 35-48 - 35-48.
- Smith, T.M.; Rao, Y.; Wang, Y.; Ghazisaeidi, M. et al., 2017, "Diffusion processes during creep at intermediate temperatures in a Ni-based superalloy." Acta Materialia 141, 261-272 - 261-272.
- Smith,T,M; Hooshmand,M,S; Esser,S,D; Otto,F; McComb,D,W; George,E,P; Ghazisaeidi,M; Mills,M,J, 2016, "Atomic-scale characterization and modeling of 60 degrees dislocations in a high-entropy alloy." ACTA MATERIALIA 110, 352-363 - 352-363.
- Luque, A.; Ghazisaeidi, M.; Curtin, W.A., 2014, "A new mechanism for twin growth in Mg alloys." Acta Materialia 81, 442-456 - 442-456.
- Ghazisaeidi,M; Hector,L,G; Curtin,W,A, 2014, "Solute strengthening of twinning dislocations in Mg alloys." ACTA MATERIALIA 80, 278-287 - 278-287.
- Ghazisaeidi, M, Trinkle, DR, 2014, "Interaction of oxygen interstitials with lattice faults in Ti." Acta Materialia 76, 82-86 - 82-86.
- Buey, D.; Hector Jr. L.G.; Ghazisaeidi, M., "Core structure and solute strengthening of second-order pyramidal dislocations in Mg-Y alloys." ACTA MATERIALIA 147, 1-9 - 1-9.
- Buey, D.; Hector Jr, L.G.; Ghazisaeidi, M., "Core structure and solute strengthening of second-order pyramidal dislocations in Mg-Y alloys." ACTA MATERIALIA
- Rao, Y.; Smith, T.M.; Mills, M.J.; Ghazisaeidi, M., "Segregation of alloying elements to planar faults in γ' -Ni3Al." ACTA MATERIALIA
- "First Principles modeling of ⟨c + a⟩ dislocations geometry and interactions with solutes in Mg alloys.." 2016, Presented at Dislocations 2016,
- "TBD." 2017, Presented at Physical Metallurgy Gordon Research Conference,
- "First principles modeling of the concentrated multicomponent alloys." 2016, Presented at Possibilities and limitations of quantitative materials modeling and characterization,
- "Atomic-scale investigation of deformation mech- anisms in Mg Alloys." 2014, Presented at Society of Engineering Science (SES),
- "Atomic-scale investigation of deformation mechanisms in Mg Alloys." 2014, Presented at OSU Materials Week,
- "First principles modeling of twinning in hcp systems." 2015, Presented at MS&T,
- "TBD." 2017, Presented at EUROMAT,
- "Atomic-scale investigation of deformation mechanisms in Mg and Ti alloys." 2015, Presented at ICMM4,
- "First principles modeling of twinning in HCP systems." 2016, Presented at PRISM Workshop,
- "TBD." 2017, Presented at Mechanical Engineering Colloquium,
- "First Principles modeling of ⟨c+a⟩ dislocations geometry and interactions with solutes in Mg alloys.." 2016, Presented at Recent Advances in Computational Methods for Nanoscale Phenomena,
- "Twinning in Mg from first principles." 2014, Presented at TMS,