The Department of Materials Science and Engineering resides in buildlings on both main and west campuses. It is important to plan your trip to park in the appropriate places and minimize your commute.
Parking for Watts Hall, MacQuigg Labs, and Smith Labs
(Materials Science and Engineering program)
The Tuttle Park Place parking garage (number 088 east of Ohio Stadium on the campus map) is available for general visitors to the department.
- Exit the parking garage and walk north (to the right) along Tuttle Park Place (the street between the garage and the stadium) to Woodruff Ave.
- Turn right (east) onto Woodruff Ave. and take Woodruff Ave. to College Rd.
- Watts Hall is on the southwest corner of Woodruff Ave. and College Rd. Watts Hall shown on campus map.
Exit Tuttle Park Place parking garage facing the Ohio Stadium and turn right. Walk until you reach Ives Drive.
Turn right on Ives Drive (Knowlton Hall will be on your left).
- Continue walking straight towards the Knowlton plaza and turn right. Walk until you reach 19th Avenue.
- Turn left on19th Avenue walk past Scott Lab (on your right).
- Smith Lab is the next building (signage is not very visible. A sign for Smith Lab can be found on the handicapped accessiblel entrance that faces east.
The Ohio Union parking garage (number 288 on the campus map) is available for general visitors to the department.
- Exit the parking garage on the College Rd. side and walk north (to the right) along College Road
- Follow College Road past the Oval (large open area on the left), pass 17th, 18th, and 19th Avenues. Watts Hall is on the southwest corner of Woodruff Avenue and College Road.
- Enter Watts and look for signs for MacQuigg Laboratory. Watts Hall and MacQuigg Lab share entrances.
- Exit Ohio Union Garage facing College Rd.
- Turn right onto College Rd.
- Follow College Rd. until you approach W. 18th Avenue
- Turn left onto W. 18th Avenue
- Continue on W. 18th Avenue until you approach Macgruder Rd.
- Turn right onto Macgruder Rd. Smith Laboratories will be on the right side.
Parking for EJTC lot (1248 Arthur Adams Drive, Columbus, OH 43221)
(Welding Engineering program)
Parking is available in the surface lot immediately in front of the EJTC building. There is no cost to park in this lot and no permit is necessary.
The Welding Engineering program entrance is located on the east side of the building, to the right as one faces the Edison Welding Institute front entrance (EWI and the WE program share this facility).
Parking for Center for Electron Microscopy and Analysis (CEMAS)Visitor parking is located to the west and south of the building at no charge (no passes needed).
IMR shuttle - provides free weekday shuttle service between central campus and stops right in front of CEMAS.