- Faculty Resources
- Contact Us
- Faculty, Staff, EAC
- ETS - MSE-CBE Computer Support
- Strategic Plan
Links to resources around the university helpful for faculty.
Policy Statements for Syllabi
Course syllabus recommendations; statements to be included on syllabi such as academic integrity, disability accommodations, and sexual harassment policies.
The Graduate School works with Ohio State's colleges and graduate programs to ensure that Ohio State is offering the highest quality graduate degree experiences to its students. (see also Quick Links page)
Requires OSU login. Site to post approval / disapproval of various on-line forms for graduate student events such as Candidacy Examination, MS / PhD oral defense, final approval of thesis / dissertation, and more.
Graduate Faculty Category M & P Status
In order to advise graduate students at OSU, tenure-track or clinical-track faculty must be a member of the graduate faculty. To be part of the graduate faculty one must hold Category M or P status with the Graduate School. M or P status in MSE or WE is requested by completing the MSE/WE online form.
- Category M--one must hold a Master's degree or higher, or equivalent, and hold a tenure-track or clinical faculty appointment at Ohio State.
- Category P--one must hold an earned Ph.D., D.M.A., Ed.D., or equivalent, must hold an appointment as a tenure-track or research-track faculty member at Ohio State, and must be engaged in an active program of research, scholarship, or creative activity, or demonstrate significant promise of establishing such a program.
Rights and responsibilities:
- Category M--act as advisor only to Master's students; participates in the governance of graduate education at all levels within the university; and serves on doctoral examination committees at the discretion of the Graduate Studies Committee.
- Category P--acts as the advisor for Master’s and Doctoral students; participates in the governance of graduate education at all levels within the university; serves on doctoral examination committees; serves as a Graduate Faculty Representative on candidacy examinations and final oral examinations. [Note that Category P status is required to chair a Candidacy Examination in MSE/WE and to chair a doctoral examination.]
The mission of the University Registrar's office is to help identified students enroll and then succeed by providing first-rate customer service to faculty, staff, students, their families, and other publics; with a particular emphasis toward processes related to academic records, academic progress, enrollment data, classroom support, academic certification, fee assessment, and national and institutional testing.
Calendar for next five academic years, including term start-end dates, breaks, holidays, and more.
Requires OSU login. Provides link to commonly used forms, including the on-line process for changing or posting a missing grade.