Engineering Career Services
Far and away the best resource available to our current undergraduate and graduate students seeking internships, co-ops, and career employment, Ohio State's Engineering Career Services (ECS) assists students by offering job search workshops, practice interview sessions, and individual career counseling. Upon registration with ECS, students have access to Handshake which provides online access to hundreds of job postings, and can enter their resume into the online database, which is searchable by registered employers. Alumni electronic access to accounts are no longer limited to one year; however alumni in-person appointments are limited to one year after graduation from Ohio State.
Co-ops & internships
ECS co-ops and internships
Co-ops and internships are excellent opportunities to preview a potential career field, to get your foot in the door and to obtain professional experience needed to compete with other graduating seniors.
ECS career employment
ECS links employers with registered graduating engineers seeking opportunities for full-time, post-graduate employment. *
OSU Alumni Career Management
Graduates of Ohio State are encouraged to register with OSU Alumni Career Management, part of the OSU Alumni Association, which provides experienced career consultants who can help you in all stages of your career. Using a variety of career development tools and services, the role of OSU ACM is to facilitate a community of Buckeyes helping Buckeyes!
Search for employers who want to hire Ohio State grads, upload your resume and cover letter, and track job applications. Along with employment notices, OSU ACM also provides our graduates with career advising, help with resumes and cover letters, notice of career fairs and much more. *
* Welding Engineering postings--Many employers seeking to fill welding engineering positions provide job ads directly to the OSU Welding Engineering Alumni Society
Career Management Tool
AfterCollege Career Management Tool
This is a free service provided to academic departments for the benefit of their students. The AfterCollege website provides an additional location to post a resume and research companies. Students can confidentially post their resumes and browse job postings. Employers can post jobs and browse confidential student resumes.
NOTE: The AfterCollege services are not sponsored or endorsed by The Ohio State University, the College of Engineering, and/or the Department of Materials Science and Engineering. This is simply an option available if deemed useful by the viewer.
- Careers in Science and Engineering
An extensive planning guide for both undergraduate and graduate students aimed at directing one's thinking about career goals and how to achieve these goals.
- MSE Career Resource Center
This website provides basic information on MSE, including profiles of materials scientists and links to a large number of corporation websites.
- ASM International Career Center
Job search resources for ASM members such as an online job database, resume referral service, job match service, career links and tips, salary surveys, and more!
- Careers in Science and Engineering
"Careers in Science and Engineering offers guidance to students on planning careers--particularly careers in nonacademic settings--and discusses how to obtain the education and skills necessary to attain their career goals. Profiles of science and engineering professionals illustrate a variety of career paths." Available in paperback or free PDF ebook.
Articles on networking, job markets, company profiles and job postings.
Curriculum Vitae (CV) and Resume Writing
Articles on resume writing.
Links to materials-related jobs! Receive new job openings by e-mail.
- ACerS job listings
Post your resume with ACerS or find a job opening through the ACerS listings.
- TMS Materials Resource Center
The Materials Resource Center includes Positions Wanted/Positions Available, New Products and Services, and Workshops, Seminars and New Publication Announcements.
A Portland, Oregon-based company specializing in Internet recruiting for the Aerospace/Defense/Aviation and Advanced Materials industries. The services, free to job seekers, include a database of open job positions and a weekly email newsletter detailing all of job positions currently available.
- Engineering Jobs Site
Access the most comprehensive listing of engineering jobs available in your area.
Engineering positions for a wide variety of fields and links to major employers and professional societies.
A large listing of engineering and manufacturing jobs with links to corporations.
- University Materials Council
Position announcements for openings in UMC academic units.
- Chronicle of Higher Education
Job openings in higher education, job market news, articles, etc.
- Higher Education Jobs Online
More than 1,200 faculty and staff positions at over 200 universities.
- Academic Careers Online
Self-described as "the ultimate global job site of career opportunities in education and academia." A free service that enables you to search job openings by school type, job title or location, and--with registration--submit your personal job search criteria and receive e-mail notifications when jobs matching your criteria are submitted, as well as post your resume to the database for review by prospective employers.
General Employment Sites
Service for college students and recent graduates who are looking for jobs, internships and other opportunities. Sign up and post your resume to receive invitations from employers or search through more than 75,000 jobs from over 20,000 top employers.
Listings for more than 350,000 jobs of all kinds.
MonsterCollege™ helps recent grads and college students find their first career.
Thousands of general job listings, all in Ohio.
NOTE: These listings are by no means exhaustive and should not be viewed as an endorsement of these sites per se. The MSE department is not responsible for the content of these sites and provides these links simply as a means of assisting the user in the job search process.
Career Tools for Welding Engineering and Materials Science and Engineering majors
Discover resources that will lead you towards an internship/co-op or full time career employment. Engineering Career Services can help you! Registering with ECS in two easy steps will give you complete access to all of our services, including:
- Engineering-specific job postings and on-campus interview opportunities through Ohio State’s online career network and database, Handshake
- Resume referrals
- Professional consultations
- Employer networking opportunities
- Special events/programming
- Helpful resources
The internship/co-op/full time career employment positions below are from employers who list “Welding Engineering” or "Materials Science and Engineering" as a major from which they would be interested in hiring. These employers have selected Ohio State as a key partner.
Please keep in mind this is just a sampling. We invite you to explore your Handshake account as varying search criteria could yield different results.
- Employer: Eaton - Fluid and Electrical Distribution Division Expires: 12/02/2019 Eaton&rsquo... Read moreOctober 16, 2019, 2:42 pm
- Employer: Greatbatch, Ltd. Expires: 01/31/2020 Integer welding engineer summer 2020 internship... Read moreOctober 7, 2019, 11:58 am
- Employer: Toyota Boshoku America - Production Engineering Expires: 11/29/2019 General Summary... Read moreSeptember 27, 2019, 2:46 pm
- Employer: Babcock & Wilcox Expires: 12/31/2019 The B&W welding engineer will be responsible... Read moreSeptember 27, 2019, 9:59 am
- Employer: Holtec International Expires: 12/31/2019 Responsibilities:Prepare and review 2-D... Read moreSeptember 23, 2019, 8:27 am
- Employer: U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission Expires: 10/25/2019 This position is located ... Read moreSeptember 23, 2019, 7:39 am
- Employer: Caterpillar Inc. - Engineering Expires: 10/23/2019 For nearly 90 years, Caterpillar... Read moreSeptember 18, 2019, 2:33 pm
- Employer: General Motors Expires: 10/31/2019 About GMWe’re dedicated to achieving our... Read moreSeptember 17, 2019, 5:14 pm
- Employer: ArcelorMittal USA Expires: 10/31/2019 Co-op Job Profile:ArcelorMittal Tailored Blanks... Read moreAugust 28, 2019, 9:17 am
- Employer: General Motors Expires: 10/31/2019 About GMWe’re dedicated to achieving our... Read moreSeptember 9, 2019, 3:10 pm
- Employer: EBZ SysTec, Inc Expires: 11/09/2019 EBZ Systec Inc. is a leading Body in White integration... Read moreSeptember 9, 2019, 9:10 am
- Employer: Mercury Systems, Inc. Expires: 03/03/2020 In this role, you have the opportunity... Read moreSeptember 16, 2019, 11:25 am
- Employer: Wabtec Company Expires: 11/01/2019 It’s not just about your career… ... Read moreSeptember 6, 2019, 12:30 pm
- Employer: AK Steel - Middletown Works Expires: 11/01/2019 AK Steel is actively seeking ... Read moreSeptember 12, 2019, 9:00 am
Idaho National Laboratory Internship Application at Idaho National Laboratory - Battelle Energy Alliance, LLCEmployer: Idaho National Laboratory - Battelle Energy Alliance, LLC Expires: 04/27/2020  ... Read moreSeptember 11, 2019, 9:40 am
Unit 18 Lecturer for Applied Biological Systems Technology - AY 2019-2020 at UC Davis College of EngineeringEmployer: UC Davis College of Engineering Expires: 10/27/2019 Description: The Department... Read moreAugust 30, 2019, 2:06 pm
- Employer: Genie, a Terex Brand Expires: 11/30/2019 Early Career Program Overview:The&... Read moreSeptember 9, 2019, 11:54 am
- Employer: Bechtel Plant Machinery, Inc. Expires: 01/01/2020 Bechtel Plant Machinery, Inc. (... Read moreSeptember 9, 2019, 11:53 am
- Employer: Miller Electric Mfg LLC Expires: 06/01/2020 BASIC DESCRIPTION:The Welding Engineer... Read moreSeptember 6, 2019, 12:05 pm
- Employer: Oshkosh Corporation Expires: 07/01/2020 SUMMARY:Do you enjoy applying creative or... Read moreAugust 29, 2019, 12:15 pm
- Employer: Gain America Expires: 12/31/2019 The Quality Assurance Analyst is responsible... Read moreOctober 18, 2019, 5:26 pm
- Employer: Gain America Expires: 12/31/2019 The Quality Assurance Analyst is responsible... Read moreOctober 18, 2019, 5:11 pm
- Employer: Gain America Expires: 12/31/2019 The Quality Assurance Analyst is responsible... Read moreOctober 18, 2019, 4:07 pm
- Employer: Gain America Expires: 12/31/2019 The Quality Assurance Analyst is responsible... Read moreOctober 18, 2019, 3:35 pm
- Employer: Defense Logistics Agency Expires: 10/26/2019 As a Supply Systems Analyst, selected... Read moreOctober 18, 2019, 2:26 pm
- Employer: Gain America Expires: 12/31/2019 The Quality Assurance Analyst is responsible... Read moreOctober 18, 2019, 2:14 pm
- Employer: Western Specialty Contractors Expires: 04/15/2020 Western Specialty Contractors ... Read moreOctober 18, 2019, 1:14 pm
- Employer: Allan Myers Expires: 06/30/2020 ResponsibilitiesWhat you can expect:Meaningful, ... Read moreOctober 18, 2019, 11:40 am
- Employer: Whirlpool Corporation Expires: 11/29/2019 The ProgramManufacturing is at the heart... Read moreOctober 17, 2019, 3:52 pm
- Employer: Allan Myers Expires: 06/30/2020 ResponsibilitiesThis full-time entry level engineering... Read moreOctober 17, 2019, 2:06 pm
- Employer: Liepin Overseas Expires: 12/01/2020 More detailed job description(Chinese) can be... Read moreOctober 17, 2019, 1:48 pm
- Employer: ITW Evercoat Expires: 11/01/2019 Job Summary: Reporting to the Quality manager... Read moreOctober 17, 2019, 12:30 pm
- Employer: Euclid Chemical Company Expires: 11/30/2019 Euclid Chemical is looking for a candidate... Read moreOctober 17, 2019, 9:37 am
- Employer: Special Metals - New Hartford/Dunkirk Expires: 01/02/2020 Special Metals Corporation... Read moreOctober 16, 2019, 11:28 pm
- Employer: Special Metals - New Hartford/Dunkirk Expires: 01/07/2020 Engineering Co-opsWe are... Read moreOctober 16, 2019, 11:12 pm
- Employer: Gain America Expires: 12/31/2019 The Quality Assurance Analyst is responsible... Read moreOctober 16, 2019, 4:53 pm
- Employer: Corning Incorporated - Corning Optical Communications Expires: 07/22/2020 Date:&... Read moreOctober 16, 2019, 12:41 pm
- Employer: Corning Incorporated - Corning Optical Communications Expires: 06/17/2020 At Corning... Read moreOctober 16, 2019, 12:35 pm
- Employer: Danis Expires: 12/14/2019 PRIMARY FUNCTION/PURPOSE: The TS Engineer’... Read moreOctober 15, 2019, 12:39 pm
- Employer: Morgan Advanced Materials Expires: 10/31/2019 Our Operational Excellence Team is... Read moreAugust 12, 2019, 7:32 pm